For this version of the image I wanted to make a dark and ominous looking image so I brought the Shadows, Mid-tones and Highlights all down and put some blue into the shot to create this darker scarier looking image.
For this version I decided to try and make it less ominous so I brought the Mid-tones up and Shadows up and also put some yellow into the shot to also brighten it up a little bit.
In this version of the colour grade i wanted to remove the person standing in the back ground and stylise the two people in the foreground a little bit. I brought the shadows down which removed the man in the background I then put a little yellow into the mid tones and put a little blue into the shadows and highlights.
For this final version i wanted to make the image all black and white but leave the blood on their forearms red. For this I used the Leave Colour effect. First I applied the effect then just adjusted the amount to decolour and the tolerance until it looked right. This image in particular was fairly easy to apply the leave colour effect as there were not too many reds that were similar to the blood in the image.
For this version I simply wanted to try brightening up the image. To do this I turned the highlights and the mid tones up and put a little blue into the image.
For this version I wanted to try to change the colour of the shirt. This was fairly simple using the Change Colour tool. When Change Colour is applied to the image you have the option to use the eye dropper tool to select the colour you want to change. After this is applied it is just a matter of adjusting the Hue Transform values to chose the colour you want to change it to and then going through the other controls to make sure nothing else in the shot is affected.
For this version I only wanted to make small adjustments to the overall image. Firstly i made the shadow ‘pop’ out more than they did by darkening the shadows. I then wanted to take some of the yellow out of the walls so I added a little blue into the mid tones and highlights and then finally I decreased the saturation to take out some of the overall colour.
For this version I wanted to see what look I would get by doing the opposite of what I did in the previous version. I did this by putting more yellow into the mid tones and highlights. I also increased the saturation slightly.